Content & Communications Manager
We’re a leading online contact lens retailer committed to providing exceptional service and eye care. What makes us different is that our service doesn’t stop at our customers’ letterbox. We’re part of GrandVision, the largest optical retail group in the world, and work with Vision Express to provide our customers with vision care.
Though part of a large group, we’re a small but fast growing company. This means you’ll have interactions with every level of the business. We’re a friendly team based in South West London, who strive to always be better as a company and as individuals.
What’s important to us is that we:
- Are passionate about our customers
- Employ people with energy, enthusiasm and excellence
- Are leading e-commerce experts
- Have a friendly and professional atmosphere with a casual dress code
About the Role
Do you have a flair for words, thrive on challenges, and want to grow your skills to a new level? Lenstore has an exciting opportunity for a Content & Communications Manager. We’re looking for someone with a natural curiosity, who’s driven by a desire to understand what makes people tick. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
You’ll be responsible for our content and communications in a role which comes with a high-level of autonomy. You’ll be central to developing our tone of voice, as well as establishing strategies and plans for our content and communications.
This is a role where your contribution is clearly visible, as we look to take our content to a whole new level.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish and maintain Lenstore’s tone of voice across content and communications
- Create Lenstore’s content strategy and plan
- Create and implement communications strategy and plan, including email and social media
- Plan and co-ordinate customer communications
- Create content our customers love, and engage staff in the process
- Publish and maintain content across web properties and social media
- Measure content performance and identify improvements for our strategy and plan
Skills, Experience and Attitude you need to do the job
- Creative, with a love for words and the ability to create a good story
- Copywriting experience, and experience with content strategy and planning
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Great attention to detail
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team, and able to engage staff
- Excellent command of English language and ability to communicate
- Proactive attitude and a desire to take on responsibility
Desired Skills and Experience
- HTML knowledge
- Experience with branding and tone of voice
- Knowledge of SEO and content optimisation
- Experience with content management systems and publishing content
- Experience collaborating with designers
Other Key Information
- Proposed start date: Asap
- Salary: on application
- Normal working hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm
- Location: Lenstore’s offices in South London (SW19 8ED), walking distance from Wimbledon Park Station.
- Free eyewear requisition code worth £550 provided annually to be used on one purchase of glasses, sunglasses or contact lenses at Vision Express
- Friends & family voucher codes provided every 3 months to be used at Vision Express
- Access to BenPal scheme which enables employees to access benefits such health insurance, childcare, experience days, retail vouchers, cycle to work scheme, gym membership etc
- 20 days holiday with 2 days additional holiday added for each full year worked, capped at 26 days
- Staff discount on orders placed at Lenstore
- Breakfast and snacks provided throughout the week
Our Recruitment Process
Please send your application to email@example.com .
Our Recruitment Agency will screen CV’s and have an initial telephone conversation, to shortlist candidates whose details will then be forwarded to us at Lenstore.
We will hold an initial telephone interview with Head of Marketing and discuss a piece of your work you have previously completed.
If successful you will be requested to complete a written assessment submitted before a face to face competency based interview at our Lenstore office with Head of Marketing and Head of Talent.
During your time at interview we will ask you to complete a short numeracy and Excel assessment.