Ecommerce Full-Stack Developer
We’re a leading online contact lens retailer committed to providing exceptional service and eye care. What makes us different is that our service doesn’t stop at our customers’ letterbox. We’re part of GrandVision, the largest optical retail group in the world, and work with Vision Express to provide our customers with vision care.
Though part of a large group, we’re a small but fast growing company. This means you’ll have interactions with every level of the business. We’re a friendly team based in South West London, who strive to always be better as a company and as individuals.
What’s important to us is that we:
- Are passionate about our customers
- Employ people with energy, enthusiasm and excellence
- Are leading e-commerce experts
- Have a friendly and professional atmosphere with a casual dress code
About the Role
Join our small (but perfectly formed!), creative team of in-house web developers and help shape the future of ecommerce at Lenstore.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic, dedicated team who are passionate about what they do. We are proud of our productive and positive working environment with a friendly atmosphere and no dress code.
To become a part of this ambitious and successful business you must have a desire to work in a customer focused retail environment, relevant commercial experience and skills that will add significant value to our in-house web development team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop new ecommerce features and improve existing functionality
- Research and evaluate new web technology
- Contribute to the development of working practices
- Consult and advise on web technology across multiple departments
- Solve complex technical challenges
- Improve user experience for customers and colleagues
- Liaise with third parties
- Improve our underlying technology stack to ensure high performance, continuity and scalability
- Previous experience of commercial ecommerce
- Coding abilities in both procedural/global and Object-Oriented PHP
- Experience working with MySQL
- Strong understanding of website security
- Excellent oral communication skills and fluency in English
- Familiarity with online marketing practices
- Practical understanding of key development and design principles and processes such as OOP, EAV, MVC, SOLID, Agile Scrum
- A love of problem solving
Other Key Information
- Proposed start date: ASAP
- Salary: Starting at £35,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience
- Normal working hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 6pm
- Location: Lenstore’s offices in South London (SW19 8ED), walking distance from Wimbledon Park Station.
- Free eyewear requisition code worth £550 provided annually to be used on one purchase of glasses, sunglasses or contact lenses at Vision Express
- Friends & family voucher codes provided every 3 months to be used at Vision Express
- Access to BenPal scheme which enables employees to access benefits such health insurance, childcare, experience days, retail vouchers, cycle to work scheme, gym membership etc
- 20 days holiday with 2 days additional holiday added for each full year worked, capped at 26 days
- Staff discount on orders placed at Lenstore
- Breakfast and snacks, tea and coffee, provided throughout the week
- Supported personal development plan
- Opportunity to attend external learning workshops and conferences
Our Recruitment Process
Please send your application to email@example.com, including:
- Links to ecommerce websites you have built or contributed to, with details of your contribution
- PHP code samples
- A brief statement, detailing your interest in the role
If shortlisted, we will invite you to our offices in Wimbledon Park, and ask you to complete a 15-minute basic numeracy and Excel test, a 30-minute written web development test and face to face interview on the same day.
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK, and can demonstrate it, and are able to attend a face to face interview at our offices in South West London.