Book an eye test and contact lens check
An eye test is about much more than measuring how well you can see. It’s also about protecting your eye health - and ultimately, your long-term vision.
That’s why we work closely with our long-standing and trusted partner, Vision Express, to make eye tests and contact lens check-ups available to everyone.
Are you an existing
You can book a free eye test & contact lens check-up
As an existing Lenstore contact lenses customer, you will be booked for both an eye test and contact lens check. Please wear your contact lenses to the appointment and take your glasses with you.
If you are not a
You can still book a check-up below
* A charge for this service may be applied by Vision Express. Please see their website for more details.
Find a near you
The Importance of Regular Eye Tests & Contact Lens Check Up
- To make sure your current contact lenses are still right for you. Our eyes and vision change over time, so it is important to ensure that your contact lenses are working as they should.
- To detect any contact lens related issues, some of them may not cause any symptoms and so it is important to have a regular check to make sure the fronts of your eyes remain healthy so that you can carry on wearing your contact lenses for as long as possible.
- Update and renew your contact lens prescription.
- Stay informed on new contact lenses, as technology improves, so do contact lenses. Use your contact lens check-up as an opportunity to trial new lens types.
Who carries out our free eye check-ups?
We have partnered up with our sister company Vision Express to provide our customers with free eye tests and contact lens check-ups. Vison Express have over 30 years of experience in eye care and as such offer an unparalleled level of service plus, they use the latest technology to ensure that they not only carry out an up-to-date eye check but also check if there are any other obvious problems with your health that may be recognisable through your eye health.
How often do you need an eye test and contact lens check?
Regular eye exams are important for maintaining good vision and eye health. During an eye exam, your optician will check your vision, look for signs of eye disease, and make sure your glasses or contact lenses are still working properly.
The NHS recommends that adults over 16 have an eye test every two years. However, your optician may recommend more or less frequent eye exams depending on your individual needs. For example, if you have a family history of eye disease, you may need to have more frequent eye exams.
A contact lens check is recommended every 1-2 years, but again the frequency will depend on what your optician feels is right.
For our free check-ups you should be a customer of Lenstore (existing or new is fine) If you are not a customer then you can use the non-customer link above, but Vision Express would charge for the service.