Welcome to the privacy notice of Lenstore. The purpose of this privacy notice is to provide you with more information on the market research that Lenstore is undertaking and how Lenstore collects and processes your personal data when you decide to participate and who Lenstore might share your personal information with. It also explains your legal rights.
The information that Lenstore collects will be used to develop research findings and gain market insight so that Lenstore can improve its services, brand experience and engagement.
Lenstore respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
Please read the following information carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data.
1.IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
Lenstore is a trading name of LGL Ltd, Anson Court, La Route des Camps, St Martin, Guernsey, GY4 6AD registered in the Island of Guernsey under company number 51990. LGL Ltd is the controller and it means that it is responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice). LGL Ltd is part of the Grand vision Group.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO), who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your rights, please contact the DPO at email@example.com.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data or personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and (where appropriate) transfer personal data that you provide to us in this privacy notice.
The types of personal data that we collect and process for a market research include:
- Identity details: name, address, contact details such as telephone number and email address.
- Demographic data such as gender and age range.
- Your responses to our research questions, including your views and opinions which may include personal data.
- Technical data such as browser type and IP address as surveys are completed electronically.
When taking part in research, participants are made aware of the purpose of the research. Participants also have the right to refuse to answer any questions or take part at all, at any time during the research and without needing to justify.
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect your personal information from yourself as the participant. Your personal data may be collected in various formats, including online survey, follow ups by the telephone which may be recorded, or face to face interviews which are likely to take place at the market research facility and which may be recorded.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We only use your personal data for the purpose of market research only, and do not intend to use it for any other purposes. More specifically, we use your personal data in the following ways:
- We hold your name and contact details to request your participation in the market research and to communicate with you in relation to the market study. Your name and contact details will be anonymised at the end of the research project.
- We use your demographic information to ensure you meet the market research enrolment criteria and to categorise feedback given.
- We analyse and evaluate your responses to fulfil our market research purpose.
- Technical data may be used to help improve user experience. If you fail to provide certain information that we believe is necessary to participate in the market research, we may not be able to include you in the research. The research responses will be consolidated and reported in such a way that it does not personally. identify you.
5. LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
Data protection law states that we must have a legal basis for every aspect of personal data processing we undertake. With respect to the nature of our processing, we have assessed your consent as being the most relevant ground for processing. Your participation in the market research is purely voluntary and our lawful basis for processing your personal data is based upon your consent to participate. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
See contact details provided in the Paragraph 10 below (Further Contact Details).
6. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data held by us is accessible only to members of our team who are involved in the market research, on an as-need basis.
A. Razor Research Limited
We have commissioned a third-party service provider, known as Razor Research Limited, to support our market research activities, such as hosting the online surveys, carrying out interviews, providing audio, video or other technical support and data analysis services.
The personal data shared with the third-party service provider is limited to the extent necessary to fulfil the contracted services. We do not allow the third-party service provider to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for the specific purposes of the market research and in accordance with our instructions. We take appropriate steps to ensure that third parties respect the security of your personal data and treat it in accordance with the law.
The services being provided by Razor Research Limited are subject to a data processing agreement entered between LGL Ltd and Razor Research Ltd to ensure the protection of our customers’ information.
More information on the third-party service provider and their privacy practices can be found by clicking on the following link:
B. Working with other Grand Vision Companies
We also share your information securely with another company, our subsidiary known as UK EFS Ltd, within the GrandVision group.
We have appointed UK EFS Ltd, incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number, 6463540 with registered office at Unit A, Gresham Way, London, England, SW19 8ED as our processor to provide us with us some services such as operational, brand development, marketing, customer services and financial services.
For this purpose, we share your personal information with UK EFS Ltd. The services provided are subject to a data processing agreement entered between LGL Ltd and UK EFS Ltd to ensure the protection of our customers’ information.
7. WILL YOUR DATA BE TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE THE EEA?
The personal data that we collect from you will not be transferred to and stored outside the European Economic Area.
8. FOR HOW LONG DO WILL WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. Your data will be anonymised as early as possible in the market research.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data – this enables you to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal information we hold about you in order to have inaccurate or incomplete data about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we rely on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to processing on this basis.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data to enable the suspension of the processing of your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
- Withdraw consent – however this applies only when we are relying on your consent to process your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. FURTHER CONTACT DETAILS
For any questions about this market research or if you have changed your mind and would like to withdraw consent, please contact us at: email@example.com 0800 010 6865. For any other data protection enquiries, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Before we can act on a request regarding access to your personal data, we may need to verify your identity.
11. RELEVANT DATA PROTECTION SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
If you feel that your data or your rights over your data are not being handled correctly, you may contact the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner (ODPC) in Guernsey (https://odpa.gg/). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ODPC, so please contact us in the first instance. Contact details for the Guernsey ODPC are as follows:
Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
Guernsey Information Centre
North Esplanade, St Peter Port
Guernsey GY1 2LQ
Telephone: +44 (0)1481 74207