Eye supplements and eye vitamins are additions to your diet and lifestyle that provide great improvements to your overall eye health. Our products contain the necessary nutrients you need to keep your eyes in the best shape possible.
Buy your eye vitamins from Lenstore and experience speedy next-day delivery, free aftercare and money-saving loyalty schemes.
Why are vitamins for eye health important?
What are the different types of eye vitamins?
Several different eye vitamins and supplements options are available on the market to improve eye health. However, you must understand which eye supplements contain the nutrients you require. When purchasing a multivitamin or supplement, be sure to look out for the following vitamins and nutrients:
Vitamin A and beta-carotene:
- Helps maintain a clear cornea
- A component of a protein called rhodopsin which can help to improve visual acuity in dark conditions
- Aids in the prevention of vascular problems which can affect the retina
- Vitamins B-6, B-9, and B-12 may reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration
- A powerful antioxidant that can decrease the prospect of cataracts
- A common vitamin that people appear to be deficient in due to lack of sunlight
- Can potentially prevent the adverse effects of macular degeneration
- A strong antioxidant that helps protect eye cells from damage
- Correlated with a lowered risk of cataracts
Lutein and zeaxanthin:
- Carotenoids and macular pigments appear to aid in defence against macular degeneration
- These carotenoids can be found in the eye and help filter potentially harmful blue light
Omega-3 essential fatty acids:
- Help keep your eye's working to their full potential and minimise dry eyes
- Facilitate the absorption of vitamin C in the body to enhance its benefits
What are the advantages of using eye vitamins and supplements?
Although your vision may not improve from taking eye vitamins, they can improve your overall eye health. Using them can also prevent eye conditions that will affect your eyesight long-term.
Age-related macular degeneration is a condition that causes deterioration of your central vision, which can make it more difficult to read and colours look less vibrant.
Studies show a healthy intake of Vitamin C and Vitamin E can help to counteract the onset of cataracts. Cataracts affect the transparency of the eye lens, causing your vision to become cloudy.
Omega-3 fatty acids can prevent dry eyes making your eyes feel comfortable throughout the day. Research has shown that Omega-3 acids can decrease the risk of high eye pressure and glaucoma.